Tuesday 12 May 2015

Mad Men in a Nutshell



MAD MEN!? I love this series!! It's about four old 
blokes. They're all played by middle aged actors that used to be shit hot but are now not. They go on holiday and get into hilarious situations. It's proper banter.

You're thinking of the very average Mad Dogs. This is Mad Men, the golden globe winning drama starring Jon Hamm.

Oh...when's Mad Dogs back then?

I'll get back to you on that.

Well, seeing as I'm here, what's Mad Men and why should I care?

Mad Men revolves around an advertising agency in 1960's New York. It's been a worldwide sensation since its debut back in 2007. After eight years and 91 episodes, it's final instalment airs this Thursday on Sky Atlantic.

I have Virgin Media and can't get this elitist channel. I've heard that if you watch Sky Atlantic, you die within seven days.
I'd imagine Sky's lawyers would disagree and strongly advise me to say that any deaths accuring within seven days are purely coincidental.

How mad are these mad men? Are they as mad as Mad Max? Did you know there's a new Mad Max film out. Although I don't think Mel Gibson is Max anymore because he called someone 'Sugar Tits' years ago and Hollywood never forgets.

The title is a play on the phrase Ad Men which is what the show centres on. There is tiny glimpses of madness on the show but on the whole it's quite sophisticated and calm. Everyone wears ties and has hankerchiefs.

You're not really selling this to me. What do they do for a cliffhanger? Break a plate?

It's hard to explain but if you watched it from the start, you'd get why people love it so much.

So you're trying to make me watch the last episode of a TV show which I won't appreciate because I haven't seen the earlier ones?

All of the earlier episodes are on Sky's Catch on Demand service.

Who do you work for? Let me see your papers!

Erm...

I thought so. I love my Virgin Media Tivo box. I have every episode of Match of the Day recorded. Go and flog Sky someplace else. I'm off to see Tom Hardy in Mad Max, he's the tits!

- Adam Yates -


No comments:

Post a Comment